The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of Warehouse Team Members related to receiving, storing, inventorying, shipping materials, supplies and parts in the warehouse and yard.
- Coordinate layout of warehouse, and other storage areas, considering usage, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Train employees on care and proper storage of items received and shipped as well as the proper use of material handling equipment and related warehousing equipment.
- Develop standardized work procedures that will maximize productivity and minimize errors.
- Assign duties and examine work for accuracy, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Schedule daily routing of company vehicles for pick-ups and deliveries for maximum efficiencies.
- Coordinate the flow of information needed to all departments in a timely manner.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for continual improvement to ensure a smooth-running department and overall operation.
- Schedule and coordinate manpower to meet daily workload.
- Ensure warehouse space is utilized effectively and maintained cleaned through 5S standards and in conformance to policies and procedures and GMP’s
- Provide feedback and suggestions for continual improvement and develop standardized work procedures and examine work for accuracy neatness and conformance to policies and procedures
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of both product and paperwork from support staff.
- Ensure integrity of inventory and cycle count/accuracy
- Maintain security of warehouse and safety of all associates and equipment, following accident reporting guidelines and conveying issues to management
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments
- Interview, select, and train warehouse personnel
- Manage employee time and attendance, and update timecards appropriately
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of warehouse supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with employees at all levels
- 2+ Years of Forklift Experience; RF scanner, highly preferred
- Knowledge of ERP system preferred
- Proficient in Outlook and internet search engines
- Forklift License and valid driver’s license
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment