The Tooling Engineer is responsible for supporting new injection mold tooling projects, troubleshooting, mold layout/design, capacity analysis, R&D product design support and support large capital projects from inception through completion.
- Sample and qualify all new tools and engineering changes
- Coordinate sampling with tool shop and production daily
- Complete and circulate sampling reports to all Engineering and Production groups necessary
- Assist in setup and processing of each tool
- Complete MRR report and follow up on completion and timing.
- Manage and coordinate all ECI’s related to Tooling- from timing, sampling, qualification and tuning with marked up samples
- Assist and coordinate all tooling repairs and activities with outside vendors
- Review and report on all new tools, work with designated staff on all tooling requirements and production readiness
- Review and observe capability study and tool build progress
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or 5+ years related experience in plastic injection tooling sourcing or mold making
- Good understanding of injection molding process is a plus
- Proficient in Solidworks preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and Outlook
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills