The Quality Control Inspector performs quality inspections of components, molders parts and assemblies per quality standards.
- Maintain knowledge of compliance with Plastikon Quality and Environmental Policies, Quality Manual and QC Procedures and practices.
- Read and interpret procedures, work instructions, In-process Inspection Reports (IPIR), process data, Process Setup Sheets, and other documents to determine specifications, inspection and process setup procedures, measuring instruments required, and adjustment and certification methods.
- Select and collect samples for Receiving, First Piece, In-process AQL, and/or Final inspection and/or testing.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, micrometers, force gages, Colorimeters, Gloss Meters, Moisture Analyzers, Melt Flow Analyzers, CMM and optical comparators.
- Evaluate colors, shapes, textures, or grades of products or materials with color plaques and/or master samples to verify conformance to standards.
- Analyze test data to determine test results.
- Perform lot documentation review and approval to ensure compliance to procedures and good documentation practices.
- Reject products and materials not meeting specifications.
- Communicate with Production Personnel and Quality staff regarding inspection results and recommend necessary corrective actions.
- Mark product and/or Lot Identification Labels (KANBANs) with acceptance or rejection status.
- Complete In-process Inspection Reports (IPIR), Nonconformance Material Reports (NCMRs), Quality Control Problem Reports (QCPRs), Inspection and Test Logs where required.
- Safeguard and put away measurement equipment, gauges and master boundary samples in designated areas when inspections are completed.
- Maintain a clean, safe, orderly workplace.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis and other problem-solving activities.
- Follow all safety procedure and participate in safety programs.
- Follow all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements, proper gowning and attire for work areas assigned.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) plus 6 months of quality inspection experience in fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Successfully passes pre-employment drug and physical, and background check.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The salary range for this position is a guideline and compensation will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skill level, experience, education and training, and work location.
- California: $17.00 – $17.50 per hour plus $1.00 – $2.00 shift differential
Full-time Plastikon employees have access to medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, company paid Basic Life, AD&D, disability insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Assistance Program, commuter benefits (California employees only), Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and more.