Provides and directs activities with development, application, technical support and maintenance of quality standards for all value-adding industrial processes, materials, or products. Requires an independent thinker with respect to quality and quality systems who has extensive analytical capabilities with respect to root cause identification, correction, and prevention of issues. Acquires information from customers and suppliers and communicates it internally to ensure that customer specifications and expectations are met or exceeded.
- Participates and contributes to the development of Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Quality Control Plans, Inspection requirements, technologies and techniques, and In-Process Inspection Reports during the design phase of new process development.
- Serves as Sustaining Quality Engineer for Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Quality Control Plans, Inspection requirements, technologies and techniques, and In-Process Inspection Reports following formal production release of new processes.
- Leads studies to analyze, establish, and improve labor requirements and standards associated with Quality Control Plans Inspection requirements, technologies and techniques.
- Maintains and pursues continual improvement of labor requirements and standards based on continual improvement and evolution following production release of new processes.
- Supports Purchasing Department to provide Supplier qualification and development as needed. Leads technical review and resolution of supplier quality issues on behalf of Plastikon to ensure timely and effective resolution of supplier quality issues. Provided qualitative and quantitative data to Purchasing department in support of Supplier Score Card maintenance and reporting.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional Root Cause Analysis and Corrective /Preventive Planning processes with internal Plastikon departments such as Production, Tooling, Engineering and others to ensure timely and effective resolution of internal and Customer quality issues. Verifies effectiveness of Corrective and Preventive action plans implemented.
- Identifies opportunities and leads Continuous Improvement initiatives to continually refine and improve Plastikon’s internal process capability through use of quality tools such as, Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), Capability Studies, SPC, Poke Yoke implementation.
- Implements and manages internal Statistical Process Control Program for Critical to Customer (CTC) and Critical to Process (CTP) characteristics designated by Customers and Plastikon to ensure high confidence intervals related to process capability and product quality.
- Monitors and reports on process performance to assist in the identification and prevention of emerging trends that adversely affect process capability.
- Writes, revises and verifies quality standards and procedures for inspection and measurement methods as needed.
- Develops sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instruction for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Supports various functions in implementation of processes/systems to meet various requirements- TS 16949/ ISO 9001/ ISO 13485.
- Ensures identified controls are implemented within production and quality functions.
- Facilitate corrective action and validate effectiveness of implementation.
- Participate as a member of task forces to implement projects supporting production and training.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Must have 2+ years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools; Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Statistical Process Control software such as Minitab or Stat Graphics, CAD, and Catia
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.