Plastikon Healthcare is looking for a Production Manager who will manage direct and indirect labor, machines and equipment resources maximizing results in productivity and quality in a timely basis with a minimum cost. Ensures coordination of the department efforts to achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) like safety, labor efficiency, quality, schedule attainment, material usage variance and strongly supports the success of new product launches and productivity projects and overall operations objectives
- Oversee the manufacturing process; develop and implement production schedules; develop work around plans as require
- Responsible for the quality of the product and the manufacturing processes according to the standard established by the company.
- Ensure planned KPI’s of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded.
- Submit departmental required KPI data as required by the established monthly KPI process.
- Ensuring that the manufacturing processes and other associated processes are cost effective.
- Ensure that all manufacturing process- tools, fixtures, safety equipment, tooling and required manufacturing supplies are maintained to company standards/levels and that all are ready for manufacturing to meet or exceed production schedule requirements.
- Ensure the implementation and evolution of company established safety procedures/policies.
- Monitor product standards and support quality-control programs.
- Drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices.
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, supervisors, dept. managers, & directors and provide requested data.
- Optimize resource utilization by implementation of an effective production organization.
- Working with all supervisors & managers to implement the company established policies, procedures, work instructions, forms and goals.
- Ensuring that health and safety, company employee handbook guidelines are followed.
- Ensure coaching, development of resources, supervising and motivating team members to meet business’s objectives.
- Reviewing and providing performance reviews and recommendations of subordinates as required.
- Develop and track improvement in reduction of planned manufacturing hours.
- Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations.
- Insure that products and samples are produced on time and are of high quality.
- Manage the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals.
- Ensure prescribed equipment Planned Maintenance procedures are completed timely.
- Ensure complete compliance to prescribed QMS, and 5S processes.
- Estimating direct labor costs and setting the quality standards for manufactured products.
- Track competencies of subordinates, provide leadership and development as required to achieve the manufacturing objectives.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the companies Quality policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the assigned manufacturing areas.
- Develop continuous improvement training and coaching to employees, applying best practice and lean manufacturing.
- Ability to manage effectively direct reports, improving productivity and efficiency in Operations.
- Solid record of attention to detail and strict adherence to procedures.
- Creates and revises systems / procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implement change.
- Capable to provide personnel assessment and create action plan to fill skills and ability resource gaps.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use logic and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Creative – Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Delegating Responsibility- Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate personnel
- Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Relationship Building – Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) – Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Team Builder – Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Leadership – Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Negotiation Skills – Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education and/or Experience: Degree in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial or similar engineering field, preferred. Minimum seven years direct management experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment, experience in blow molding equipment, and experience in working with PLC control equipment.
Computer Skills: Proficient Microsoft Office tools; Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint