The Process Engineer provides and directs activities with development, technical support and maintenance of quality standards for all value-adding industrial processes, materials, or products.
- Provide expertise in technical support to manufacturing functions, product and inspection issues
- Interface with production, tooling and engineering to determine root cause of quality issues, action plan for correction and implementation
- Develop and implement methods for preventing errors, i.e. poke yoke, appropriate use of SPC
- Identify differences between established standards and user applications and suggest modifications to conform to standards
- Monitor program performance after implementation to prevent recurrence of program operation problems and ensure efficiency of operations
- Devise sampling procedures, design and develop forms and instruction for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data
- Support various functions in implementation of processes and systems to meet various requirements
- Ensure identified controls are implemented within production and quality functions
- Validate effectiveness of implementation
- Compile and write training material and conducts training sessions.
- Monitor, design and facilitate process capability, reproduce ability and engineering change to products
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Process Engineering plus 3+ years related experience in a healthcare manufacturing environment
- RJG certification strongly desired
- Knowledge of production/engineering of injection molded plastic, statistical process control techniques and application
- Familiar with design failure analysis and knowledge of mathematical functions is essential
- Strong analytical skills to perform root cause analysis, and correction and prevention of issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office and Outlook
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The salary range for this position is a guideline and compensation will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skill level, experience, education and training, and work location.
- California: $73,000 per year – $75,000 per year
Full-time Plastikon employees have access to medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, company paid Basic Life, AD&D, disability insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Assistance Program, commuter benefits, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and more.