Plastikon Healthcare Team is a major leader in the global healthcare market because of its extensive industry experience, as well as its innovative manufacturing processes and medical-grade raw materials that meet FDA standards. We develop validation protocols and inspection standards to assure that production is always at the highest quality.
The Plant Controller will be responsible for all accounting and finance activities at our Kansas site. The facility is a leading-edge contract manufacturer in the Medical Device and Pharmaceutical space with 100+ employees growing to 150 people by end of 2023. This role will report to the CFO based in Corporate HQ location in CA and will be a key member of the Site Executive Leadership Team.
- This is a hands-on leadership role who is involved in all aspects of Plant Accounting. This person will have initially 2 people reporting into this role which will expand with the business.
- The company performs contract manufacturing of products for the Medical Device and Pharma industry which require extensive cost accounting experience.
- The Plant Controller will be a key member of the Site Leadership Team and Corporate Finance and Accounting Leadership Team.
- Must have 7+ years of experience as a Plant Controller in a manufacturing environment.
Controller Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees and leads the accounting and financial operation of the site.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions.
- Prepares and monitors annual budget.
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements.
- Responsible for inventory accuracy, cycle count and physical inventory programs.
- Coordinating activities of external auditors.
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems.
- Establishes and maintains metrics to measure Key Performance Indicators of fiscal operations.
- Regularly review issues of fiscal responsibilities including changes made by Federal and State regulatory statutes involving fiscal accountability.
- Prepares income statements and Balance sheets to summarize current business finances and advise on future earnings/expenses.
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidate Must Have:
- 7+ years with Cost Accounting / Controller experience in high volume manufacturing.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Ability to work independently in a small plant fast paced environment.
- Positive personality to support and works well with Production, Sales, Engineering, QA, HR.
- BS degree in Business or Accounting or Finance.
Candidate Nice to Have:
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP, including new accounting / financial standards updates.
- Ability to clearly present recommendations/ideas and to summarize complex issues.
- Experience in FDA regulated Industry, specifically Pharma or Medical Device Industry.