The Metrology Technician is responsible for using use specialized instruments to measure and inspect products, materials, and other items to ensure they meet specific standards
- Prepare dimensional reports as requested
- Support in gauge calibration and measurement investigations
- Perform quality control checks on manufactured products to ensure that they meet specifications
- Use computer software to analyze data from tests to make conclusions about findings
- Repair damaged measuring instruments by replacing parts or readjusting calibrations
- Complete tasks assigned by Quality Metrology Engineer
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) plus one year of related experience.
- Basic knowledge of using CMM, Mitutoyo prefer
- Basic knowledge of GD&T
- Experience using optical measuring devices prefer
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and Outlook
- Ability to use calibrated calipers, dial indicators, micrometers, and other common metrology instruments.
- Strong Mathematical skills.
- Demonstrate responsibility, willingness to learn, positive attitude and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.