The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible to install, maintain, and repair Injection Molding equipment, auxiliary equipment and plumbing. This person will also diagnose, adjust, and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment for optimum performance.
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, electrical prints, hydraulic prints, and other reference material to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Inspect completed work to certify that maintenance meets standards and are ready for operation.
- Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Replace or repair worn, defective, or damaged components, using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Measure parts for wear, using precision instruments.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand or power tools.
- Install and align repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or welding, using clamps and wrenches.
- Locate and mark dimensions and reference lines on defective or replacement parts, using templates, scribes, compasses, and steel rules.
- Conduct inventory and open requisition or order supplies, parts, materials, and equipment, as needed.
- Remove or cut out defective parts or drill holes to gain access to internal defects or damage, using drills and punches.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and 2+ years related experience
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hyrdraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The salary range for this position is a guideline and compensation will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skill level, experience, education and training, and work location.
- California: $28.00 per hour – $38.00 per hour
Full-time Plastikon employees have access to medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, company paid Basic Life, AD&D, disability insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Assistance Program, commuter benefits, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and more.