The Maintenance Engineering Supervisor is responsible to reduce critical equipment failures and decrease repair time and parts usage by managing and allocating maintenance resources and staff.
- Ensure staff visually inspects and test machinery and equipment for optimum performance through schedule of maintenance support.
- Develop maintenance processes for all critical equipment for manufacturing plant
- Record and compile historic maintenance data (root cause of failure, time out of commission, total repair time, man- hours expended, material expended, etc.)
- Trend data to determine predictable failure modes, Mean Time between Failure and repair part requirements to develop a planned preventative maintenance schedule for each piece of critical equipment.
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, electrical prints, hydraulic prints and other reference material to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Inspect completed work to certify that maintenance meets standards and are ready for operation.
- Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Replace or repair worn, defective, or damaged components, using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Measure parts for wear, using precision instruments.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand or power tools.
- Install and align repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or welding, using clamps and wrenches.
- Locate and mark dimensions and reference lines on defective or replacement parts, using templates, scribes, compasses, and steel rules.
- Oversee Inventory and requisition or order supplies, parts, materials, and equipment, as needed.
- Perform time and motion studies as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent.
- 4+ years maintenance experience plus 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Forklift/Boom/Scissor License a plus.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The salary range for this position is a guideline and compensation will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skill level, experience, education and training, and work location.
- California: $95,000 per year – $110,000 per year
Full-time Plastikon employees have access to medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, company paid Basic Life, AD&D, disability insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Assistance Program, commuter benefits (California employees only), Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and more.