The Maintenance Engineer’s role is reducing critical equipment failures and decrease in repair time and parts usage by managing and allocating maintenance resources and staff.
- Ensures staff visually inspects and test machinery and equipment for optimum performance through schedule of maintenance support
- Develops maintenance processes for all critical equipment for manufacturing plant
- Records and compiles historic maintenance data (root cause of failure, time out of commission, total repair time, man- hours expended, material expended, etc.)
- Trend data to determine predictable failure modes, Mean Time between failure and repair part requirements to develop a planned preventative maintenance schedule for each piece of critical equipment.
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, electrical prints, hydraulic prints and other reference material to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Inspect completed work to certify that maintenance meets standards and are ready for operation.
- Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Replace or repair worn, defective, or damaged components, using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Measure parts for wear, using precision instruments.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand or power tools.
- Install and align repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or welding, using clamps and wrenches.
- Locate and mark dimensions and reference lines on defective or replacement parts, using templates, scribes, compasses, and steel rules.
- Oversee Inventory and requisition or order supplies, parts, materials, and equipment, as needed.
- May be required to perform time and motion studies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience with electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hyrdraulic and pneumatic systems in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to support production
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office