Supervises and coordinates activities of team members concerned with receiving, storing, inventorying, and shipping materials, supplies and parts by performing the following duties. Directly supervises employees in the shipping department, planning, assigning and directing work and resolving S/R issues. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable procedures.
- Coordinate layout of warehouse, and other storage areas, considering usage, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Train employees on care and proper storage of items received and shipped as well as the proper use of material handling equipment and related warehousing equipment.
- Develop standardized work procedures that will maximize productivity and minimize errors.
- Assign duties and examine work for accuracy, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Schedule daily routing of company vehicles for pick-ups and deliveries for maximum efficiencies.
- Coordinate the flow of information needed to all departments in a timely manner.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for continual improvement to ensure a smooth-running department and overall operation.
- Schedule and coordinate manpower to meet daily workload.
- Ensure warehouse space is utilized effectively and maintained cleaned through 5S standards and in conformance to policies and procedures and GMP’s
- Provide feedback and suggestions for continual improvement and develop standardized work procedures and examine work for accuracy neatness and conformance to policies and procedures
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of both product and paperwork from support staff.
- Ensure integrity of inventory and cycle count/accuracy
- Maintain security of warehouse and safety of all associates and equipment, following accident reporting guidelines and conveying issues to management
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments
- Interview, select, and train warehouse personnel
- Manage employee time and attendance, and update timecards appropriately
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Must have one year of warehouse supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with employees at all levels
- 2+ Years of Forklift Experience; RF scanner, highly preferred
- Knowledge of ERP system preferred
- Proficient in Outlook and internet search engines
- Forklift License and valid driver’s license
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment