The Jr. Buyer supports activities to assist in purchasing machinery, equipment, tools, supplies, or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. Support and actively purchases raw or semi-finished materials for manufacturing.
- Support Purchasing Department to obtain the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct quantities
- Assist on Preparing purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Explore and support Purchasing department to evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history
- Analyze proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices
- Study/ monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist in negotiating, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods
- Discuss with staff, users, and vendors on defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
- Participate in evaluating and monitoring contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes
- Maintain and review computerized and/or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories
- Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and internet sites, and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services
- Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs that facilitate employee access to supplies
- Interview vendors and visit suppliers’ plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services, and prices
- Support in arranging the payment of duty and freight charges
- Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions, price trends, or futures markets
- Support in formulating policies and procedures for bid proposals and procurement of goods and services
- Participate in production/meetings, trade shows, conferences, conventions, and seminars to network with people in on other purchasing departments for best practices
- High school graduate or General Education Degree
- 2+ years related experience
- Proficient in MS Office and Outlook
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment