The Facilities Technician 1 is responsible for working on construction and facility maintenance projects, usually working in utility capacity, by transferring from one task to another where demands require worker with varied experience and ability to work without close supervision.
- Bolt, nail, align, and block up under forms.
- Installs power line to injection molding/auxiliary equipment and offices.
- Installs electrical distribution panels and light systems.
- Position, join, align and seal pipe sections.
- Demolish offices, saw lumber, dismantle forms, remove projections from concrete, mount pipe hangers, and cut and attach insulating material.
- Follow all safety procedures and participate in safety programs; follow all PPE requirements-proper gowning and attire.
- HS/GED Degree; Associate degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of general building repair and maintenance related experience.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use standard powered and non-powered tools.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Basic general experience with pipefitting and electricity required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with forklift, boom lift and scissor lift.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The salary range for this position is a guideline and compensation will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skill level, experience, education and training, and work location.
- California: $27.00 per hour – $29.00 per hour
Full-time Plastikon employees have access to medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, company paid Basic Life, AD&D, disability insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Assistance Program, commuter benefits (California employees only), Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and more.