The Cost Accounting Manager is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying company activities. The Cost Accountant Manager also monitors the data and provides support and detailed cost information to the Controller and Executives. This position will assist in improvements in Cost Reporting for all US Plant locations.
- Manage Cost Accountant who reports to the Cost Accounting Manager.
- Prepare data query reports for Production Analysis and Budget Expenses.
- Review and Analyze PIT entries.
- Plan, study and collect data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Review Bill Of Materials (BOM).
- Review estimates of new product costs (NPI).
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Record cost information for use in controlling expenditure.
- Conduct physical inventories and monitor cycle count program, run inventory reports.
- Analyze Cycle Count Sheets to Inventory Trend Report.
- Reconcile inventories to GL balances.
- Assist in month end close and review general ledger accounts and post journals.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have a strong cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Advanced Excel skills, must know Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, and IF formulas etc.
- Familiar with Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards and processes, with the ability to work together on site at the Plants.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Experience with creating Crystal Reports and Spreadsheet Server from Oracle database
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with employees at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills, integrity, and professionalism
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The salary range for this position is a guideline and compensation will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skill level, experience, education and training, and work location.
- California: $110,000 per year – $140,000 per year
Full-time Plastikon employees have access to medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, company paid Basic Life, AD&D, disability insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Assistance Program, commuter benefits, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and more.