The Human Resources Coordinator provides administrative support to the HR team and employees including recruitment, assist with payroll processing, onboard new hires, maintain employee files and I-9’s, respond to employee inquiries, support company events and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Assist with recruitment process by identifying candidates, setting up interviews and preparing offer letters
- Enter required documents for payroll processing
- Assist with onboarding process including conducting new hire orientations, preparing new hire packets, scheduling pre-employment testing, administering background checks, ensuring all new hire paperwork is accurate and entered into HRIS system
- Translate employee communications to Spanish
- Prepare materials for separations, recognition events, employee birthdays, perfect attendance, Employee of the Month, etc.
- Assist with all company events and planning
- Organize and maintain integrity of employee files
- Maintain adequate supplies of all HR paperwork, forms, employee handbooks, federal and state materials/posters, recognition cards/certificates, etc.
- Post announcements, job postings, KPI’s and all other internal communications on HR boards in all buildings
- Explain company policies and procedures to employees or job applicants
- Prepare badges and perform other security-related duties
- Participate in department meetings as scheduled by manager
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times while providing excellent customer service
- Follow employee guidelines and department expectations regarding risk management and safety procedures
- Provide support on special projects as needed and other administrative tasks as assigned
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a must
- AA Degree/Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred; and/or combination of work experience
- 2+ years in HR support role in a manufacturing environment
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with employees at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills, integrity and professionalism
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be attention to details
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The salary range for this position is a guideline and compensation will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skill level, experience, education and training, and work location.
- California: $23.00 per hour – $25.00 per hour
Full-time Plastikon employees have access to medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, company paid Basic Life, AD&D, disability insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Assistance Program, commuter benefits, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and more.